wordmusings

I am starting this blog to be able to write to my heart's content. I dont want to advertise this blog but I would want people to chance on it and give their comments. This is the first of many contradictions that will make up this blog

Name:
Location: India

Monday, July 23, 2007

A Request

I feel that I am becoming more discerning, that I am growing up.
At least in my reading.

There was a time (not too long ago) when anything esoteric appealed to me. Anything clever dazzled. Now I want writing to get to the point. Tell me what you want to. Don’t weave stories to show off. Don’t lead me through winding roads and present me with dead-ends expecting me to retract my steps. Just because you can.

Describe but only because you genuinely feel the need to. I am not interested in your vocabulary or your innovative use of language or your great eye for detail.

I have a choice and I am beginning to exercise it. I will just stop reading and cast you aside. Reputations don’t matter. I am mature enough to decide.

Give me simplicity and I will be indebted to you.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Jiby said...

earlier i used to think the problem was with me when i couldnt understand complex description of people or a setting. nowadays i dont even bother to try. i agree wholeheartedly with you.

July 24, 2007  
Blogger alakananda said...

there u go. well said. these days evn i find myself just gliding over pages. loss of patience - does that also equal a loss of wonder?

July 26, 2007  
Blogger b v n said...

back in 98...throughout the length of 100 years i was telling this to marquez! then it was worth it :)

July 26, 2007  
Blogger Rajesh said...

Jiby, Alaka, BVN

3 more in the same boat. And BVN I never could complete the 100 years..
And I tried twice :)

July 31, 2007  
Blogger silverine said...

I so know what you mean!

August 14, 2007  
Blogger Parul said...

Can totally identify with your feelings..

October 10, 2007  
Blogger Rajesh said...

Silverline/Parul

Apologies for the not-to-be-forgiven-delay in replying to your comments.

And Welcome...

October 27, 2007  
Anonymous モバゲー said...

モバゲーを使って恋人を探そう!大人気のモバゲーならゲームを知らなくてもすぐに恋人ができちゃうんです

October 10, 2010  
Anonymous 家出 said...

家出少女を救う家出掲示板誕生!家出少女達を救えるのは今しかないんです!家出少女に寝床を貸してあげれば後はなんでもやりたい放題…詳しくは当サイトをご覧ください

October 24, 2010  
Anonymous ジャパンカップダート 2010 said...

第11回 ジャパンカップダート 2010 予想 データから分かる勝ち馬とは!?オッズと出走馬から分かる勝ち馬の法則とは・・・現地スタッフから生の声を届けます。データ収集、さらに血統に関しても徹底して分析済み!馬券歴の長い人でも納得の情報がココに

November 24, 2010  
Anonymous デコログ said...

デコログが今熱い!出会いをもとめている女の子たちをGETするのはココが近道!

November 28, 2010  
Anonymous 彼女探し said...

彼女探し掲示板で素敵なカワイイ彼女を探してみませんか?タイプの相手が見つかればメールでアタックしてみましょう!退屈な毎日から抜け出せるドキドキするような刺激や出会いをしてみませんか?

January 28, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free hit counters
Free hit counters