wordmusings

I am starting this blog to be able to write to my heart's content. I dont want to advertise this blog but I would want people to chance on it and give their comments. This is the first of many contradictions that will make up this blog

Name:
Location: India

Saturday, November 04, 2006

An ode to a kindred spirit

I haven't been following other blogs for some time now. So thought I will start with Jiby's blog. Found something extremely heartening there. He has set himself a challenge of writing a novel in 30 days. You will find the declaration of his intent here and the process of culmination here. I have always admired his blog for his seemingly effortless reminiscences of his school life and totally enjoyed reading the escapades of his band-of-brothers in sporadic posts. Writing under a deadline (externally imposed or self imposed) is frightening. Its a tremendous challenge associated with a high probability of failure. But he has taken it up and it is gratifying. I won't fault him if he fails. But I hope that he does not. I know he has taken up a subject that he can do full justice to. My good wishes are with him. I sincerely wish he makes it. For him and for me.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jiby said...

rajesh, thank you very much for this post and that encouraging comment, it has raised my spirits. i am very sure your will also write a novel soon. good luck! plz see the comment i left for your previous posting.

November 04, 2006  
Blogger Rajesh said...

I wish you all success Jiby because I think the book you have in you is worth writing. Dont ever underestimate its potential for joy to others

November 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free hit counters
Free hit counters