wordmusings

I am starting this blog to be able to write to my heart's content. I dont want to advertise this blog but I would want people to chance on it and give their comments. This is the first of many contradictions that will make up this blog

Name:
Location: India

Thursday, October 19, 2006

A nonsensical post on dreams

I remember having three dreams yesterday (To set the context, I wasn't even thinking of movies when I went to sleep). Also, to put things in better perspective, I remember part of 3 of the dreams that I had yesterday. Its entirely possible that I had many more but I don't remember any others. The reason I am putting in this post is that I normally don't remember any of my dreams. So, this was exciting. In the morning when I woke up, it made me think of that ultimate prankster, Richard Feynman (who for me has lived a 'full' life just as it should be) & his adorable book. In one of the sections in that book he talks about all the experiments he did to try and remember the exact instant that he slips from consciousness into sleep. He talks about having dreams which he was part of (as an observer) because of all these experiments. Later on he also talks about why he stopped the experiments (he thought he would go mad soon if he didn't because he was confusing his brain with all the experimentation). Its a must-read for anyone who hasn't....

Ok all these were asides. Now for the dreams (in no particular order).

Dream No 1:
There is a long corridor, almost like a glass tunnel. Shah Rukh Khan is in the frame (wearing clothes like in his entry in KKKG where he has just landed from the helicopter and he is running to meet his mother...hehehe). Behind him is a witch like figure flying in after him (I somehow know in the dream that it is Rani Mukherji, though thinking back I cant recollect the resemblance). There are three different views of this same scene. Either its happening 3 times or it is the same scene from 3 different perspectives. SRK dodges the witch right at the last moment each time. Then he runs around some flower pots and comes and sits on the steps of a verandah. He takes a long breath & smiles, as cool as ever. He gets up and walks towards the entrance of a house where he sees an old woman who looks at him and says 'Satlam'..'Satlam' (Ya Satlam..I remember it clearly). Shakti kapoor is standing nearby wearing the typical 'household help dress' (white banian and khakhi long shorts and a dusting cloth thrown over his shoulder). SRK looks at Shakti Kapoor and tells him that the witch who followed him and the old woman are the same (In my dream, both of them look like Rani Mukherji. So I am sure that both of them are the same). Shakti Kapoor smiles at him and shows SRK the the old lady's footprints and some of her grey hair on the verandah. He tells SRK that the old lady has been walking around the verandah for quite some time and so he is mistaken. SRK looks at the old lady. She looks back at him and says 'Satlam'..Satlam'...

End of what I remember of Dream 1. I don't know whether there was more or not.
Disclaimers:
1.I am not an SRK fan. The last movie I could tolerate him in was Swades.
2.I stopped watching his movies after Kal ho na Ho. So I have been spared Paheli and KANK (I don't have the patience to type in these long names any more).
3.Just to add, I like SRK's interviews and admire the tremendous energy he seems to radiate offscreen (only offscreen).
4.Just to add..I predict that Don will be a colossal flop and anybody who reads this blog can hold me to this statement.

Dream No 2:
I am sitting in my apartment with the laptop connected to the internet through a cable connection. A colleague of mine has come home. He tells me that I should get a wireless router and connect to the internet through that and basically extols the virtues of having a wireless connection. I listen, uninterested. He gets slightly agitated and asks me where the cable connecting to the internet is (Even though it is in plain view). He proceeds to pull it from the wall socket (Interestingly, the socket is way up on the wall, close to the ceiling close to where a typical light bulb socket would normally be situated). Even before I can tell him to be careful, he has yanked on the power cord. Only the plug cover comes off leaving the 2 plug points (sticks, the things that go in the socket..whatever) inside the socket, effectively ruining it all for me. He looks at me, smiles and says that a wireless connection is always better.

End of what I remember of Dream 2. I don't know whether there was more or not.
Disclaimers:
1.The plug sockets in my apartment are at a normal height.
2. The colleague who I saw in my dream does not seem to share any of these destructive characteristics in real life

This one is weird. Ok all of them are weird. But this is the highest on the weird-o-quotient.
Dream No 3:
I have a roommate who is a part-time actor. There is a shooting going on for something and they are looking for my room-mate because they cannot find any other actor. I am at the shooting (I have no idea in what capacity). My roommate goes by just then and he is welcomed by the director because he arrived just in time. There is an actress sitting there who I am trying to place in my mind (In the dream, I know that she is some relative of mine and I am pleasantly surprised because she looks really beautiful). The Director is asking her questions approximately in this pattern
"So what were you doing when you were 21?"
She answers (Some vague answer)
"Ok then what were you doing when you were 25?"
Again some vague answer
(And I am thinking in my dream how clever the director is because he can make out the age of this woman without actually asking her)
Then the director (who seems to be a friend of mine because he knows me well) tells me that they need another actor for the scene. So, he asks me to go and fetch him on the bicycle. I sit on the bicycle which has these huge handlebars and I have to stand and ride the bicycle (In the dream, I am thinking how cool this bicycle is)

End of what I remember of Dream 3. I am sure there was more and it was really interesting. But I just cant seem to remember
Disclaimers
1. I have never had a director friend or a roommate who was a part-time actor
2. I have no relatives with film-star good looks

I wish someone invents a Dream-recorder.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Accenture said...

So u having eventful days.. oops sorry.. evenful Nights.. huh?

October 20, 2006  
Blogger Rajesh said...

i thought a time pass was long overdue..so when are u flying to UK?

October 21, 2006  
Blogger Ram said...

what nonsense?

November 03, 2006  
Blogger Rajesh said...

Ramji..That was real crappy nonsense..wasnt it?? I'm lovin' it..

November 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello

http://alprazolam-moza.blogspot.com/
Bye

December 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

salute!
Keep up this great resource.
Very much interesting site. Tomorrow I shall return again.

Sponsored links:

http://lexapro.butkel1.org/ lexapro

Thank's!

December 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi all!
I bookmark your site, best greetings.
Very much interesting site. Here a lot of helpful information.

Check this:

http://insurancequotes-com.blogspot.com/ insurance quotes

Buy!

December 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gutten TAG!
Great site. Keep doing.
I like it a lot! Good work, keep it up. You have to look at this too.

Another links here:

http://ativan-am.blogspot.com/ ativan

See ya!

January 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good day!
Great site. Keep doing.
We enjoyed visiting your website very much. We enjoyed visiting your website very much.

Check this:

http://oxycodone-on.blogspot.com/ oxycodone

Ciao!

January 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi all!
Very like it!
I like it a lot! Good work, keep it up. Tomorrow I shall return again.

Sponsored links:

http://ativan.butkel1.org/ ativan

Aufiderzein!

January 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello there!
Keep up this great resource.
Very much interesting site. Tomorrow I shall return again.

My links here:

http://xenical.butkel1.org/ xenical

Buy!

February 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello there!
I just bookmark and will come back many times.
We enjoyed visiting your website very much. Tomorrow I shall return again.

You have to look at this too:

http://ephedra.butkel1.org/ ephedra

Sayonara!

February 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free hit counters
Free hit counters