wordmusings

I am starting this blog to be able to write to my heart's content. I dont want to advertise this blog but I would want people to chance on it and give their comments. This is the first of many contradictions that will make up this blog

Name:
Location: India

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Armchair travel pleasures

In the midst of every real and imagined problem, alternating between thoughts of what my life has become or should become; within my self-made cocoon - I forget what a beautiful place I live in. In the insane rush to secure my future, to be able to live upto external perceptions of what my life should measure up to, I cease to enjoy.

Small things bring this out. Today I was going through the audio visual presentations in the travel section of the NY Times. There are some incredible slide shows out there which if anyone is interested should be experienced with the audio on. After seeing this, I want to visit Angkor Wat, the Galapagos, Rome, buy a CD of Forr music, truly explore Chicago (something I havent done in spite of being here for the last couple of months). Links like these force me to expand my thinking. It makes me thankful that I have a laptop and broadband connection and appreciate the positive side of being in the USA (never thought that it would come to this!!). Another link which has some good travel-related articles is Haftamag's people and places

It also reminds me of the places that I am yet to visit in India. For that matter, even Kerala. I found jiby's blog fascinating. I had planned a solitary back-pack trip through the whole of Kerala just after my MBA, before I joined my job. It never materialised and I had thought that there would always be a next time. Its been 4 years since and I am yet to discover a window of time which would allow me to do it. To solely focus on planning the future is foolish. To let go of opportunities available right now is a crime

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Accenture said...

Bingo....
Well Said.."To let go of opportunities available right now is a crime"

September 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wat??
nana... u still reading haftamag?

September 05, 2006  
Blogger Ram said...

how about new york for thankgiving, and for real ... not in the slideshow mode, where some frienc can come and rip off the net connection from the roof of your house :)

November 03, 2006  
Blogger Rajesh said...

Hehe Ramji...
True..But you are a traitor..I dont believe in your plans anymore

November 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free hit counters
Free hit counters